Sabra Origin and Meaning
The name Sabra is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "prickly pear".
Term for a native-born Israeli, first brought to notice in Edna Ferber's 1929 novel Cimarron. Prickly pear has neen interpreted to mean tough on the outside, soft and sweet within.
# in the US
Sabra Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Sabra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sabra.
Famous People Named Sabra
- Sabra LaneAustralian political journalist
- Sabra Elise JohnsonAmerican dancer, winner of season 3 of "So You Think You Can Dance"
Sabra in Pop Culture
- SabraSaracen princess whom St. George rescues from sacrifice to a dragon in the 13th,century 'Golden Legend'
- The Marriage of St George and Princess Sabra1857 painting by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (with Jane Burden as Sabra)
- Sabra Cravatcharacter in Edna Ferber's 'Cimarron' (1929)
- Sabra aka Ruth BatSeraph, Marvel Comics character
- "Sabra Girl" song by Nickel Creek
- Sabrabrand of hummus