Nemo Origin and Meaning
The name Nemo is boy's name of Greek origin meaning "nobody".
One of the best known early Nemos was the captain in Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, while the more familiar modern one is the animated little orange fish in the Disney movie. Unusual name well worth considering. By the way, there is also a Shakespearean Nemo and one in Dickens's Bleak House. An enchanting early comic strip by Winsor McCay was called Little Nemo.
20 Names Similar to Nemo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nemo.
Famous People Named Nemo
- Nemoson of Anette Olzon (former Nightwish lead singer)
Nemo in Pop Culture
- The captain of the Nautilus in "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne
- "Finding Nemo" Disney Pixar film
- Nemocharacter on "Everybody Loves Raymond"
- "Little Nemo in Slumberland" by Winsor McCay is one of the most exquisitely conceived and drawn strips in the history of the comicswith dazzling, ingenious effects, depicting young Nemo’s weekly visits to the land of dreams. Later made into an animated movie in 1989.
- Also a variant spelling of the Scottish surname Nimmo (of unknown origin).
- Nemo Nobodyfrom the movie Mr Nobody
- Nemosong by symphonic metal band Nightwish
- Nemocharacter in the virtual novel "Code: Realize"