Diminutive of Aminta and Araminta, Greek"defender"
Minty Origin and Meaning
The name Minty is a girl's name meaning "defender".
Minty isn't a fresh word name — it's an old-fashioned nickname for Araminta, the romantic smoosh name coined by playwright William Congreve in 1693.
20 Names Similar to Minty
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Minty.
Famous People Named Minty
- Araminta Harriet "Minty" Rossbirth name of Harriet Tubman, American abolitionist
- Minty LewisAmerican voice actress and writer
Minty in Pop Culture
- Minty Sullivanmain character in Australian,British TV series "Minty"
- Minty"My Little Pony" character
- Mintypony in book/film "The Hobbit"
- MintyAgatha's Normal best friend in Rainbow Rowell's "Carry On".