Diminutive of Margaret"pearl"
Meg Origin and Meaning
The name Meg is girl's name of English, Greek origin meaning "pearl".
Meg, perennially one of the Little Women, is a Margaret short form that manages to be neither quite in nor quite out of style. Meg is sleeker and more sophisticated than Maggie, more contemporary than Peg, more stylish than Megan, and still one of the best diminutives of Margaret.
Meg Ryan was born Margaret Mary Emily Anne.
20 Names Similar to Meg
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Meg.
Famous People Named Meg
- Meggin Patricia "Meg" CabotAmerican novelist
- Meg HastonAmerican novelist
- Meg Resnikoffco,founder of YouTube channel "whatsupmoms"
- Meg Tilly (born Margaret Elizabeth Chan)American actress
- Meg Ryan (born Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra)American actress
- Megan Martha "Meg" WhiteAmerican musician of band The White Stripes
- Margaret "Meg" FosterAmerican actress
- Margaret Cushing "Meg" WhitmanAmerican politician and former CEO of eBay
- MegJapanese singer
- Maria "Meg" Di DonnaItalian singer of band 99 Posse and duo Nous
- Meg Framptonguitarist and singer for American band Meg & Dia
- Megan "Meg" DeAngelisbeauty YouTuber
- Meg DeLacyAmerican actress and singer
- "Meg"; MeghanDuchess of Sussex; born Rachel Meghan Markle; wife of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
Meg in Pop Culture
- Margaret "Meg" Marcheldest sister in Louisa May Alcott's "Little Women"
- Meg Girycharacter in "The Phantom of the Opera"
- Meg Mastersdemon on TV's "Supernatural"
- Megan/Megatron "Meg" Griffindaughter on TV's "Family Guy"
- Megara "Meg" character in Disney's "Hercules"
- Margaret "Meg" Murrymain character in "A Wrinkle In Time" by Madeleine L'Engle
- Meg Merilliesgypsy queen in "Guy Mannering" by Sir Walter Scott
- Meg Manningcharacter on TV's "Veronica Mars"
- "Meg" book series by Steve Alten about a monster megalodon
- Megdoppelganger of "Xena: Warrior Princess"
- Aunt Megcharacter in the film "Twister"
- Meg Rayburncharacter in Netflix's "Bloodline"
- Meg Ramseycharacter in "Sufficiently Remarkable"
- Meg McCaffreycharacter in the "The Trials of Apollo", book series by Rick Riordan