Italian, from Hebrew"gift of God"
Mattea Origin and Meaning
The name Mattea is girl's name of Italian origin meaning "gift of God".
This pretty, international feminization of Matthew was chosen by Mira Sorvino for her daughter, Mattea Angel. As the Spanish Mateo and the Italian Matteo become more popular for baby boys throughout Europe, the English-speaking world, and the Americas, Mattea is sure to get wider recognition. And as Theo and Thea have become fashionable names, Teo and Tea are rising too.
20 Names Similar to Mattea
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mattea.
Famous People Named Mattea
- Mattea Marie ConfortiAmerican actress
- Mattea Angel (b. 2004)daughter of actress Mira Sorvino
- Matteah BaimAmerican musician and visual artist
- Kathleen Alice "Kathy" MatteaAmerican country music singer
Mattea in Pop Culture
- Mattéa (1833)a George Sand novella