French"man from Lucania"
Luc Origin and Meaning
The name Luc is boy's name of French origin meaning "man from Lucania".
Luc is the sleeker Gallic cousin of Luke, and if you want to know the difference between their pronunciations, just watch Kevin Kline's hilarious description in the film French Kiss. Peter Gabriel and Sean Patrick Thomas picked this version for their sons.
20 Names Similar to Luc
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Luc.
Famous People Named Luc
- Luc BessonFrench film director
- Luc BourdonCanadian ice hockey player
- Luc JeanMarie Robitaille, Canadian ice hockey player
- Luc Antoine MontagnierFrench virologist who won the Nobel Prize for his discovery of HIV
- Luc FerrariFrench composer
- Luc JacquetFrench film director
- Lucien James "Luc" LongleyAustralian basketball player
- Luc TuymansBelgian painter
- Luc Coulierson of comedian/actor Dave Coulier
- Luc Gabriel (b. 2008)son of English singer,songwriter Peter Gabriel
- Luc Laurent Thomas (b. 2010)son of American actors Sean Patrick Thomas and Aonika Laurent
- Luc PlamondonFrench,Canadian lyricist and songwriter
Luc in Pop Culture
- JeanLuc Picard, Captain of The Enterprise Starship in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Luc Cornetinjured French soldier in "Atonement" (book/film)
- Lucbearer of the True Wind Rune in the Suikoden video game series
- Means onion in Russian.