Russian, variation of Leonidas "lion""lion"
Leonid Origin and Meaning
The name Leonid is boy's name of Russian origin meaning "lion".
This form got noticed as the first name of long-reigning Russian president Brezhnev; other bearers include playwright and short-story writer Andreyev, Leonid the Magnificent,a Russian performance artist on America's Got Talent, and Leonid McGill, the protagonist of a Walter Mosley private eye series. All in all, though, Leonid is not the most likely to join the pride of lion-related names here.
20 Names Similar to Leonid
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leonid.
Famous People Named Leonid
- Leonid Ilyich Brezhnevformer Soviet leader
- Leonid Makarovych Kravchuk1st President of Ukraine
- Leonid Danylovych Kuchma2nd President of Ukraine
- Leonid Vasilievich KhabarovRussian colonel during the Afghan war
- Leonid Vitaliyevich KantorovichRussian Soviet economist
- Leonid "Leo" HurwiczPolish,American economist
- Leonid Ivanovich RogozovRussian physician who extracted his own appendix
- Leonid Mikhailovich KharitonovRussian operatic bass,baritone
- Leonid Nikolaievich AndreyevRussian Expressionist playwright
- Leonid Filatov aka Leonid the MagnificentRussian performance artist
Leonid in Pop Culture
- The Leonidsa meteor shower that occurs every November
- Leonid Volkovtopman on the titular ship in the mystery video game "Return of the Obra Dinn"