Russian from Greek"peace"
Irina Origin and Meaning
The name Irina is girl's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "peace".
Irina is a Russian ballet-inflected classic, one of the Three Sisters in the Chekhov play. While some Americans will pronounce this like Irene with three syllables, the pronunciation used throughout Europe, where it's widely used, starts with a short i as in it or if and a strong emphasis on the second syllable.
20 Names Similar to Irina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Irina.
Famous People Named Irina
- Irina VinerUsmanova, Russian rhythmic gymnastics coach
- Irina FalconiAmerican pro tennis player
- Irina IonescoFrench,Romanian photographer
- Irina LazareanuCanadian model
- Irina Alexandrovna of RussiaRussian princess
- Irina ShaykRussian model
- Irina SpîrleaRomanian tennis player
- IrinaCamelia Begu, Romanian tennis player
- Irina Lissmodel
- Irina Kravchenkomodel
- Irina SlutskayaRussian figure skater
- Irina RodninaRussian ice dancer
- Irina DvorovenkoUkranian ballerina
- Irina DeriuginaRussian,Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast
Irina in Pop Culture
- Irina Derevkocharacter on TV's "Alias"
- Irinacharacter in the Twilight series
- Irinacharacter on Law and Order: SVU
- Irina Clockworkera sorceress in the Evillious Chronicles
- Irina Jelaviccharacter in the manga/anime "Assassination Classroom"