Hiro Origin and Meaning
The name Hiro is a boy's name of Japanese origin meaning "broad, widespread".
Hiro is an apt name for a hero of the show Heroes -- and for our times. Widely used in Japan, sometimes also for girls. Hiroshi is a long form.
20 Names Similar to Hiro
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hiro.
Famous People Named Hiro
- Hiro MashimaJapanese manga artist
- Hiro Mizushima (born Saito Tomohiro)Japanese actor
- Hiro ShimonoJapanese voice actor
Hiro in Pop Culture
- Hiro Nakamuracharacter on TV's "Heroes"
- Hirocharacter in manga "Soul Eater"
- Hiro Protagonistmain character in Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash"
- Hiro Hamada / Hiro Takachihocharacter in comic/film "Big Hero 6"
- Hiro Hiyorimimain character in manga "Princess Resurrection"
- Hiro Grangera character in the Beyblade series
- Hiro Sohmaa character in the "Fruits Basket" anime and manga series
- Hiroshi Noharacharacter in the "Crayon Shin,Chan" series
- Hirocharacter from the "Hidamari Sketch" comic strip
- Hiromain character in "Lunar: Eternal Blue" video game
- Hirocharacter in "Ginga Densetsu Weed" series
- Hiro Sakuraicharacter in manga "Miki Falls"
- Hiroa Japanese steam engine character from the Thomas and Friends special "Hero of the Rails"
- Hiro Fusecharacter in Scott Westerfeld's "Uglies" series
- Hiro the Mini Ninjaplayer character in "Mini Ninjas" video game