Spanish and Italian, diminutive of Elizabeth"pledged to God"
Elisa Origin and Meaning
The name Elisa is girl's name of Spanish, Italian origin.
Elisa may be one of the most appealing of this contingent of names, but the Elizabeth variations that start with A are heading up, the E versions down. Eliza is much more stylish these days than Elisa.
# 511 in the US
Elisa Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Elisa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Elisa.
Lists containing Elisa
- Popular Italian Baby Names
- Best International Variations of Elizabeth
- Fairy Tale Baby Names
- Mexican Baby Names
- Fastest-Rising Girl Names 2021
Famous People Named Elisa
- Elisa Bonaparte (Maria Anna Elisa Bonaparte Baciocchi Levoy) Grand Duchess of Tuscanysister of Napoleon I of France
- Lisa Adaline "Elisa" DonovanAmerican actress
- Elisa Sednaouimodel
- Elisa ToffoliItalian singer
- Elisa CeganiItalian actress
- Elisa Friederike Luise Martha Radziwill; cousin and early love interest of Wilhelm I of Germany
- Elisa Rebeca BridgesAmerican model/actress
- Elisa Christy (born Elisa Crochet Asperó)Mexican actress
- Elisa Di FranciscaItalian Olympic fencer
- Elisa FiorilloAmerican pop singer
- Elisa JimenezAmerican fashion designer ("Project Runway")
- Elisa Kadigia BoveItalian actress
- Elisa VolpattoBrazilian actress
- Elisa Maria "Elly" van HulstDutch Olympic runner
- Elisa ZuluetaChilean actress
- Elisa Longo BorghiniItalian cyclist
- Elisa Roberto (b. 2007)daughter of actor Paolo Roberto
Elisa in Pop Culture
- Elisaprincess in Hans Christian Anderson's "The Wild Swans"
- Elisa Mazacharacter in Disney animated series Gargoyles
- Elisa Espositocharacter in "The Shape of Water"
- Elisaa child psychic in video game Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.
- LuceroElisa de Riqueza, character in the Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson
- Elisathe goddess in online game Transformice
- ELISA (EnzymeLinked Immunosorbent Assay) is a commonly used test in analytical biochemistry