Gaelic form of Eleanor
Eilidh Origin and Meaning
The name Eilidh is girl's name of Scottish origin.
Long popular in Scotland, this attractive name is strictly-speaking the Gaelic version of Eleanor, but is also often considered part of the Helen family of names. After the Normans introduced it into the British Isles, it was transformed into Aileen or Evelyn. It has rarely been heard in the US, but it is slowly starting to be used here too.
20 Names Similar to Eilidh
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eilidh.
Famous People Named Eilidh
- Eilidh ChildScottish Olympic runner
- Eilley BowersScottish,American pioneer
- Eilidh WhitefordBritish MP
- Eilidh Margaret BarbourScottish TV presenter
- Eilidh WattScottish novelist and journalist
- Eilidh GibsonScottish slalom canoeist
- Eilidh Kate MacQueenScottish,Thai model and actress
Eilidh in Pop Culture
- Eilidh Rossicharacter on Scottish soap "River City"
- Eilidh or Ayleecharacter on TV's 'Reign'