Spelling variation of Duane"swarthy"
Dwayne Origin and Meaning
The name Dwayne is boy's name meaning "swarthy".
This is an offshoot of Duane, which is an old Irish surname. It took off in the 1960s, when it conveyed a surfer boy image, and reached as high as Number 111 in 1961. The most prominent current bearer is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The basketball superstar spells his name DwYAne Wade.
20 Names Similar to Dwayne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dwayne.
Famous People Named Dwayne
- Dwayne Douglas "The Rock" JohnsonAmerican actor and pro wrestler
- Dwayne Kim WayansAmerican writer and composer
- Dwayne Michael Carter aka Lil WayneAmerican rapper
- Dwayne Lamont AllenAmerican NFL player
- Dwayne BravoTrinidadian cricketer
- Dwayne Anthony De RosarioCanadian soccer player
- Dwayne Lorenzo BoweAmerican NFL player
- Dwayne Glenn McDuffieAmerican comics and TV writer
Dwayne in Pop Culture
- Dwayne Cleophus Waynelead character on "A Different World"
- Dwayne Banburyfrom TV series "Mysterious Ways"
- Dwayne Hicksfrom the movie "Aliens"
- Dwaynecharacter in "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013 film)
- Dwayne Myerspolice officer from BBC's "Death in Paradise"
- Dwayne Ray Ruizcharacter in Barbara Kingsolver's book "The Bean Trees"