Diminutive of Dionysius, Greek"child of heaven and earth"
Dion Origin and Meaning
The name Dion is boy's name of French, Greek origin meaning "child of heaven and earth".
In ancient Greece, a student of Plato; in modern America, a cool guy.
20 Names Similar to Dion
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dion.
Famous People Named Dion
- Dion of Syracuse (408–354 BC)ancient Greek politician
- Dion of Naplesan ancient Greek mathematician cited by Augustine of Hippo along with Adrastus of Cyzicus
- Dion Francis DiMucciAmerican singer,songwriter of Dion & the Belmonts
- Dion Boucicault (born Dionysius Lardner Boursiquot)Irish actor and singer
- Dion Boucicault Jr. (born Darley George Boucicault)American actor
- Dion PhaneufCanadian professional hockey player
- Dion DublinEnglish footballer
- Dion LewisAmerican football player
- Dion Joseph IgnacioFilipino actor
- Dion Adrian LambertAmerican NFL player
- Dion Joseph NashNew Zealand cricketer
- Dion TitheradgeAustralian actor
- Dion WaitersAmerican basketball player
- Celine DionFrench,Canadian female singer
Dion in Pop Culture
- Dioncharacter in the Transformers series
- Dion Blastercharacter in video game 1080° Snowboarding