English from Greek"anointed, messiah"
Christ Origin and Meaning
The name Christ is a boy's name meaning "anointed, messiah".
Meaning "anointed one" in Greek, this was a title applied to Jesus by early Greek-speaking followers. It has been used as the English form of both Christos and Chrestos, which means "good".
# in the US
Christ Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Christ
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Christ.
Famous People Named Christ
- Jesus Christcentral figure of Christianity
Christ in Nameberry Blog Posts
- Rollo’s Favorite Names: A memorial tribute
- Unique Saint Names Have Faith and Form
- Colonial Names: Great Names from American History
- Saint Names: Patrons of the Arts
- Christmas Names for Girls
- Top Christmas Baby Names, Ranked!
- The Weirdest Names Ever
- The Many Names of David Bowie
- Illegal Baby Names Banned Around the World