English, diminutive of Elizabeth"pledged to God"
Busy Origin and Meaning
The name Busy is girl's name of Hebrew, English origin meaning "pledged to God".
Yes, it's a word name, but Busy is also a rare pet form of Elizabeth. And yes, actress Busy Philipps was christened Elizabeth--she was given the nickname because she was such an active child. She must have been happy with the name, because she also gave her daughters adorable unique baby names, Birdie and Cricket.
20 Names Similar to Busy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Busy.
Famous People Named Busy
- Elizabeth Jean "Busy" PhilippsAmerican actress
- Everett M. "Busy" ArnoldAmerican male founder of Quality Comics
- Busy Signalstage name of Glendale Goshia Gordon, Jamaican male reggae singer
- Busy Bee Starskistage name of David Parker, American male rapper
- Busy Pstage name of Pedro Winter, French male DJ and producer
- Busystage name of Bradford Keith Johnson, Jr., American electronic musician
Busy in Pop Culture
- Elizabeth Maria Teresa Carlita "Busy" Ramonemain character on TV's "Ready or Not"