Italian feminine variant of the Latin Amatus"beloved"
Amata Origin and Meaning
The name Amata is girl's name of Italian, Latin origin meaning "beloved".
Name that's virtually unknown here but has a lovely meaning and a simple sound and spelling.
20 Names Similar to Amata
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Amata.
Famous People Named Amata
- Saint Amata of Assisinun who was healed by her aunt, Saint Clare of Assisi
- Amata Catherine Coleman RadewagenU.S. Congressional delegate from American Samoa
- Amata Kabua (male)1st President of the Marshall Islands
Amata in Pop Culture
- AmataRoman mythological figure, wife of King Latinus, who appears in Virgil's The Aeneid
- Amatacharacter from J.K. Rowling's 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard'
- Amata Almodovara character in the game Fallout 3.