Zephaniah Origin and Meaning
The name Zephaniah is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God has hidden".
A minor prophet who has his own Book, Zephaniah is another Old Testament gem waiting to be rediscovered now that Noah and Abraham are becoming too trendy. While the vowel-sound ending of Zephaniah is classically feminine, ancient boys' names with softer sounds -- think Asher and Elijah -- are very much in fashion.
20 Names Similar to Zephaniah
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zephaniah.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Zephaniah
Famous People Named Zephaniah
- Zephaniahfather of Azariah, son of Tahath, of the tribe of Levi (1 Chr. 6:36)
- ZephaniahBiblical prophet
- Zephaniahsecond priest in Jerusalem when it was captured by the Babylonians
- Zephaniah Kingsley Sr.British merchant and founder of the University of New Brunswick, great,grandfather of painter James McNeill Whistler
- Zephaniah KingsleyJr., American plantation owner
- Zephaniah SwiftU.S. Congressman from Connecticut
- Zephaniah WilliamsWelsh Chartist and leader of the Newport Rising
- Zephaniah Swift MooreAmerican clergyman and educator
- Zephaniah NcubeZimbabwean Olympic runner
- Dewi Zephaniah PhillipsWelsh philosopher
- Zephaniah Marley (b. 2017)son of Zion Marley; grandson of singer Lauryn Hill and CFL player Rohan Marley; great,grandson of singer Bob Marley
- Benjamin Obadiah Iqbal ZephaniahEnglish poet