Zan Origin and Meaning
The name Zan is a boy's name of Greek origin meaning "defending men".
There's Zan and there's Xan--take your pick. Both of these are the latest generation of Alexander nicknames, Xan having been noticed first as a character on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (a rich source of names), and soon phoneticized into Zan. The spellings are running neck and neck in popularity, with Xan slightly ahead, while other parents prefer the longer forms, Xander and Zander, both of which also rank in the two hundreds.
20 Names Similar to Zan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zan.
Lists containing Zan
Famous People Named Zan
- Žan TabakCroatian basketball player
- Žan KoširSlovenian snowboarder
- Žan KranjecSlovenian skier
- Žan MaroltBosnian actor
- Alexander "Zan" Guerry IIIAmerican tennis player
- Zan Ganassa (born Alberto Naseli)Italian commedia dell'arte actor
- Zan PerrionCanadian relationship coach
- ZanTrinidadian soca singer
- Zinny J. Zan (born Bo Stagman)Swedish singer of band the Zan Clan
Zan in Pop Culture
- Zanan eagle in the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series
- Zanmain character in the video game Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman
- Zanone of the Wonder Twins in the Super Friends series
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.