Troy Origin and Meaning
The name Troy is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "descendant of foot soldier".
Troy shot to popularity as a first name in tandem with that of 1960s heartthrob Troy (born Merle) Donahue; its image has now, thanks in part to the Brad Pitt-starring epic, Troy, receded back to conjuring up the ancient site of the Trojan wars.
# 416 in the US
Troy Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Troy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Troy.
Lists containing Troy
Famous People Named Troy
- Troy Donahue (born Merle Johnson Jr.) American actor
- Troy Aumua PolamaluAmerican football player and actor
- Troy Kenneth AikmanAmerican football player
- Troy Edward BakerAmerican actor
- Troy NolanAmerican football player
- Troy Garity (born Troy O’Donovan Garity Hayden)American actor, son of actress Jane Fonda and politician Tom Hayden
- Troy Lee Coleman III aka Cowboy TroyAmerican musician
- Troy BrouwerCanadian hockey player
- Troy Van LeeuwenAmerican guitarist of band Queens of the Stone Age
- (William) Troy McLawhornAmerican guitarist of band Evanescence and others
Troy in Pop Culture
- Troy Boltoncharacter in the "High School Musical" films
- Troy Barnescharacter on TV's "Community"
- Troy Barlowcharacter in movie "Three Kings"
- Troy McClurerecurring character on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Troy Tattertoncharacter in the Casteel series
- Christian Troymain character from TV show "Nip/Tuck"
- Troy Fairbankscharacter from the Netflix series "Dear White People"
- Troy Ottocharacter from "Fear The Walking Dead"
- Troy Perkinscharacter from "The Goonies"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.