Sakura Origin and Meaning
The name Sakura is a girl's name of Japanese origin meaning "cherry blossom".
Lovely Japanese name that would certainly be appreciated in Europe and the U.S. It was rarely used in Japan until the 1990s, and draws its current popularity from the fact that it is deeply connected to Japanese traditional culture without sounding frumpy and old-fashioned.
20 Names Similar to Sakura
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sakura.
Lists containing Sakura
Famous People Named Sakura
- Sakura MiyawakiJapanese pop singer of group HKT48
- Sakura OdaJapanese pop singer of group Morning Musume
- Sakura SenaJapanese glamour model and adult actress
- Sakura SakuradaJapanese adult actress and model
Sakura in Pop Culture
- Sakuracharacter in mobile game "High School Story"
- Sakura Uchiha nee Harunofemale ninja in anime/manga"Naruto"
- Sakura Oogamifemale wrestler in visual novel, anime and manga "Danganronpa"
- Sakura Kinomotomain character of the anime/manga "Cardcaptor Sakura"
- Sakura Avalonlead character in the anime/manga "Cardcaptors"
- Sakura Kasuganocharacter in video game "Street Fighter"
- Sakura "Cherry" CostelloCharacter in Cathy Cassidy's "the chocolate box girls" series
- Sakuraa princess of Hoshido in Fire Emblem: Fates
- Sakurareal name of Kino from "Kino's Journey"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.