Ritter Origin and Meaning
The name Ritter is a boy's name of German origin meaning "knight, mounted warrior".
A German surname name deriving from the same root as English Ryder. Traditionally, it was the name of the second lowest hereditary rank of the nobility, roughly equivalent to English Baronet. Notable associations are British actor Paul Ritter and a popular European chocolate brand.
20 Names Similar to Ritter
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ritter.
Lists containing Ritter
Famous People Named Ritter
- Ritter CollettAmerican sportswriter
- Woodward Maurice "Tex" RitterAmerican country western singer, father of actor John Ritter
- John RitterAmerican actor
- Jason RitterAmerican actor and voice actor, son of the above
Ritter in Pop Culture
- Peyton Rittercharacter on TV's "The X,Files"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.