Pepin Origin and Meaning
The name Pepin is a boy's name of German origin meaning "awe-inspiring".
Most famous as the name of King Pepin the Short, this choice might feel somewhat belittling. The even-shorter form is Pippin, a name adopted for musical theater, and the Dutch form Pepijn is in that country's Top 100.
20 Names Similar to Pepin
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pepin.
Famous People Named Pepin
- Pepin the Younger aka Pepin the Short; King of the Franks; father of Charlemagne
- Pepin the Hunchbackeldest son of Charlemagne
- Pepin of Italy (born Carloman)King of the Lombards, second son of Charlemagne
- Pepin of HerstalDuke and Prince of the Franks
- Don José "Pepin" GarciaCuban,American cigar maker
Pepin in Pop Culture
- Sir Pepin Ribstonecharacter in W.M. Thackeray's "Pendennis" (1848)
- Lake PepinWisconsin
- Pepincharacter from Space Outlaw Squad