Scottish"settlement on infertile land"
Melville Origin and Meaning
The name Melville is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "settlement on infertile land".
All names ending in ville are in nowheresville.
20 Names Similar to Melville
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Melville.
Lists containing Melville
Famous People Named Melville
- Melville Weston Fuller8th Chief Justice of the US
- Melville Davisson PostAmerican mystery novelist
- Melville Leslie MacnaghtenEnglish police commissioner who investigated Jack the Ripper
- (George) Melville CooperEnglish actor
- Melvil PoupaudFrench actor
- Richard Melville Hall aka MobyAmerican techno singer and songwriter
- Herman MelvilleAmerican novelist of "Moby Dick"
More Lists containing Melville
- Scottish Names
- Scottish Names for Boys
- 8 Letter Boy Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in E
- Names That Mean Land
- Names That Mean Settlement
- Names That Mean Infertile
- Three Syllable Names for Boys
- Names that Peaked in 1880
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.