Mathilde Origin and Meaning
The name Mathilde is a girl's name of French origin.
Mathilde is even more popular in France than Matilda, a hipster favorite thanks to Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger, is here. And the French pronunciation, while confusing to English speakers, makes it softer and prettier than the version we're more familiar with.
20 Names Similar to Mathilde
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mathilde.
Lists containing Mathilde
Famous People Named Mathilde
- Mathilde Marie Christiane Ghislaine (née Jonkvrouw d'Udekem d'Acoz)Queen of Belgium
- Mathilde "Tig" O'Callaghan NotaroAmerican comedienne
- Mathilde JohanssonSwedish,French pro tennis player
- MathildaMarie Feliskovna "Mathilde" Kschessinska, Polish,Russian ballerina, mistress of Tsar Nicholas II
- Mathilde MarchesiGerman mezzo,soprano
- Mathilde BrundageAmerican silent film actress
- Mathilde Laetitia Wilhelmine BonapartePrincess of France, niece of Napoleon I
- Mathilde Marie Theresia Henriette Christine LuitpoldaPrincess of Bavaria, Princess Ludwig of Saxe,Coburg and Gotha, German poet
- Caroline Friederike MathildePrincess of Waldeck and Pyrmont, Duchess of Württemberg
- Mathilde Marie Auguste Viktorie Leopoldine Karoline Luise Franziska JosephaPrincess of Saxony
- Mathilde SophiePrincess of Oettingen,Oettingen and Oettingen,Spielberg, Princess consort of Thurn and Taxis
- Mathilde Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine Charlotte von BayernPrincess of Bavaria, Grand Duchess of Hesse
- Mathilde LudovikaDuchess in Bavaria, Countess of Trani
- Mathilde Maria Josepha Anna XaveriaPrincess of Saxony
- Clara Mathilde McGregordaughter of Scottish actor Ewan McGregor
- Helga Mathilde Meyeropera singer and mother of American actress Sandra Bullock
Mathilde in Pop Culture
- Mathilde Donnaymain character in French film "A Very Long Engagement"
- Mathilde is the Pseudonym of Emeline in video game Final Fantasy 11