Russian variation of Maria, Hebrew or Egyptian"drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved"
Masha Origin and Meaning
The name Masha is a girl's name meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
Russian short form of Mary not destined for emigration.
20 Names Similar to Masha
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Masha.
Lists containing Masha
Famous People Named Masha
- Maria Alexandrovna "Masha" GessenRussian,American journalist, author, and activist
- Masha Rasputina (born Alla Ageeva)Russian singer,songwriter
- Maria Alexandrovna "Masha" KolenkinaRussian socialist revolutionary
- Masha LubelskyIsraeli politician
- Masha MaChinese fashion designer
- Masha ShirinLatvian singer,songwriter
- Masha Maltsavasinger and YouTuber
- Maria Valeryevna "Masha" PasekaRussian Olympic Gymnast
Masha in Pop Culture
- MashaGalina's missing sister in Ekaterina Sedia's "The Secret History of Moscow"
- Masha Rostovabirth name for Elizabeth Keen of The Blacklist
- Mashamain character in Pushkin's The Captain's Daughter
- Mashaa sister in The Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov
- MashaIlya's and Polina's daughter in The Seagull by Anton Chekhov
- Mashaa character in manga Tokyo Mew Mew
- Mashapart of Elizabeth's entourage in film Young Frankenstein
- Mashaobsessed fan in 1983 film The King of Comedy
- "Masha and the Bear" Russian animated series