German and Spanish diminutive of Maria"drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved"
Marita Origin and Meaning
The name Marita is a girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
Derived from Maria, the meaning of which is uncertain. Theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots mar "drop" and yam "sea"); "bitter" (from Hebrew marah "bitterness"); and "beloved" (from the Egyptian root mr).
20 Names Similar to Marita
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marita.
Lists containing Marita
Famous People Named Marita
- Marita GeraghtyAmerican actress
- Marita KochGerman Olympic sprinter
- Marita GrabiakAmerican TV director
- Marita BonnerAmerican fiction writer and playwright
- Marita LiuliaFinnish visual artist
Marita in Pop Culture
- Marita Convarrubiascharacter from "The X Files"