Keir Origin and Meaning
The name Keir is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "dark, black".
Keir is a single-syllable name that packs a lot of punch, might suggest -- thanks to its similarity to the word care -- a caring person. Sir Keir Rodney Starmer is a British politician and head of the Labour Party in 2020. Keir Dullea is an American actor who starred in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
20 Names Similar to Keir
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Keir.
Lists containing Keir
Famous People Named Keir
- Keir DillonAmerican pro snowboarder
- Keir DulleaAmerican actor
- Keir GilchristEnglish,born Canadian actor
- Keir HardieScottish socialist
- Kier MaitlandCanadian freestyle swimmer
- Keir O'DonnellAmerican actor
- Keir SimmonsEnglish journalist
- James Keir Hardiefounder of the British Labour Party
- Keir StarmerParty leader of the British Labour Party as of 2020
Keir in Pop Culture
- Keircharacter in Sarah J Maas's "A Court of Thorns and Roses" book series