German variation of Katherine, Greek"pure"
Katharina Origin and Meaning
The name Katharina is a girl's name meaning "pure".
Katharina is an attractive form of Katherine and a great way to update a classic. But English speakers may want to choose the Katerina or Katarina spelling to avoid pronunciation confusion.
20 Names Similar to Katharina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Katharina.
Lists containing Katharina
- Unique International Variations of Katherine
- International Variations of Katherine
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- European Names
Famous People Named Katharina
- Katharina Wilhelmine Maria JosephaPrincess of Hohenlohe,Waldenburg,Schillingsfürst, Countess Erwin von Ingelheim, then Princess of Hohenzollern,Sigmaringen
- Katharina von Borawife of Protestant reformer Martin Luther
- Katharina of HanauCountess of Wied, daughter of Philipp II, Count of Hanau,Münzenberg
- Katharina UrsulaPrincess of Hohenzollern,Hechingen, first wife of Margrave William of Baden,Baden
- KatharinaArchduchess of Austria, Princess of Tuscany; granddaughter of Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon,Two Sicilies
- Katharina Feodora Adelheid Sabine Sophie Felicitas SieglindePrincess of Saxe,Weimar,Eisenach
- KatharinaCountess von Hardenberg; wife of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria
- Katharina Clementine BeatrixPrincess of Hohenlohe,Langenburg; granddaughter of Princess Margarita of Greece and Denmark
- KatharinaPrincess of Isenburg; sister of Princess Sophie of Prussia
- Katharina FritschGerman sculptor
- Katharina "Kati" BellowitschAustrian radio and TV personality
- Katharina ThalbachGerman actress
- Katharina Louise MoBerge, Norwegian skier
- Katharina BaunachGerman footballer
- Katharina KlafskyHungarian operatic soprano
- Katharina von Zimmernlast abbess of the Fraumünster Abbey in Zürich, Switzerland
- Katharina Victoria Elizabeth Cheryl (b. 2014)Princess of Saxe,Coburg Gotha; daughter of Hereditary Prince Hubertus