Hakeem Origin and Meaning
The name Hakeem is a boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "judicious".
Muhammad approved all ninety-nine attributes of Allah as worthy names, and this is one of the most popular. It was in the US Top 1000 for the first time since 1998 in 2016, when it was one of the 10 fastest-rising boys' names. Perhaps the most well known person in America with the name is former Houston Rockets center and Basketball Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon.
20 Names Similar to Hakeem
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hakeem.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Hakeem
- Hakeem Abdul OlajuwonNigerian,American basketball player
- Hakeem Amir NicksAmerican football player
- Hakeem Sekou JeffriesU.S. Congressman from New York
- Hakeem Seriki aka ChamillionaireAmerican rapper
- Hakeem Noorud,Din, Indian physician and leader of the Islamic Ahmadiyya Movement
- Hakeem KaeKazim, Nigerian actor
- Hakeem Shaker (AlAzzawi), Iraqi footballer and coach
Hakeem in Pop Culture
- Hakeem Campbellcharacter on TV's "Moesha"
- Hakeem Lyoncharacter on TV's "Empire"