Glynis Origin and Meaning
The name Glynis is a girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "small glen, valley".
The feminine version of the common Welsh name Glyn became somewhat known in this country via the charming Welsh actress Glynis Johns. Variations include Glenys and Glynys. With other Welsh names--Gwyneth, Bronwyn, Bryn, Griffith--now on the American table, Glynis could make a distinctive tribute to an Uncle Glenn.
20 Names Similar to Glynis
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Glynis.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Glynis
Famous People Named Glynis
- Glynis JohnsWelsh actress
- Glynis BarberSouth African actress
- Glynis Marie BreakwellEnglish psychologist
- Glynis ColesEnglish tennis player
- Glynis Leanne NunnAustralian heptathlete
- Glynis SweenyAmerican illustrator and cartoonist
Glynis in Pop Culture
- Glynis Granvillemain character on TV's "Glynis," played by Glynis Johns