Farquhar Origin and Meaning
The name Farquhar is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "friendly man".
Farquhar has a great meaning, but unfortunate potential for mispronunciation. It was originally a given name in the Scottish highlands, but is more commonly known today as a surname. It's occasionally given to children in Scotland, but rarely if ever elsewhere. (And no, the character in Shrek was Lord Farquaad.)
20 Names Similar to Farquhar
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Farquhar.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Farquhar
Famous People Named Farquhar
- Farquhar MacTaggart aka Fearchar mac an tsagairt, 1st Earl of Ross
- Farquhar McGillivray Strachan Stewart KnowlesAmerican painter
- Farquhar Robert OliverCanadian politician
- (Edward) Farquhar Buzzard1st Baronet, English physician
- Donelson Farquhar HoopesAmerican art curator
Farquhar in Pop Culture
- Farquharthe butler in "A Woman of No Importance" by Oscar Wilde