Everard Origin and Meaning
The name Everard is a boy's name of English origin meaning "hardy".
An older form of Everett that stays closer to its Germanic roots. Distinguished Everard is the name of several historical figures and literary characters, including a minor hobbit in The Lord of the Rings. Yet, even now that Ever- names are the height of style, Everard hasn't been seen on the charts for decades.
20 Names Similar to Everard
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Everard.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Everard
Famous People Named Everard
- Everard Richard CalthropEnglish railway engineer
- Everard Aloysius Lisle PhillippsEnglish ensign
- Everard Mercurian4th Jesuit Superior General
- Everard DigbyEnglish Catholic
- Everard HomeBritish physician
- Everard of Calnemedieval Bishop of Norwich
- Everard Ferdinand im ThurnEnglish explorer and governor of Fiji
- Everard FawkenerEnglish merchant and diplomat
- Everard of YpresFrench scholastic philosopher
Everard in Pop Culture
- Everard Barfootcharacter in The Odd Women (1893) by George Gissing
- Everard Bonecharacter in Barbara Pym's Excellent Women
- Sir EverardEdward Waverley's uncle in Waverley (1814) by Sir Walter Scott
- Everard Webleyin Aldous Huxley's Point Counter Point (1928)