From the experts:
Eudora is the name of five minor goddesses of Greek mythology and a major goddess (in the person of Pulitzer Prize-winning Eudora Welty) of modern American literature. Eudora is pleasant and euphoneous and a possibility for rejuvenation.
In Greek myth, Eudora was one of the Hyades, a set of sisters transformed into the star cluster that bears their name.
In Disney's The Princess and the Frog, Eudora was the name of Princess Tiana's mother, who was voiced by Oprah Winfrey, and of Mia Farrow's character in Zelig. Eudora is also a character in Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom, and was chosen by actress Marcia Gay Hardin for her daughter back in 1998.
16 names similar to Eudora
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eudora. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Eudora, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!
Lists containing Eudora
Eudora in Blog Posts
- Taurus Baby Names: The sign of the bull
- Can a Cute Vintage Nickname Revive a Dusty Old Lady Name?
- Zodiac Baby Names: Taurus treasures
- Comic Strip Names: Charlie Brown, Linus and Frieda
- Literary Baby Names: 77 Quirky Characters from 20th Century Lit
- 1913 Baby Names: Does the hundred-year rule still rule?
Eudora is #538 on Nameberry