Eloi Origin and Meaning
The name Eloi is a boy's name of Spanish origin meaning "the chosen".
From the saintly name Eligius, Eloi is popular in Catalonia but rarely used by English speakers. There's potential for confusion with Eli - and with the Aramaic word eloi, said to mean "my God", which appears in the bible.
20 Names Similar to Eloi
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eloi.
Lists containing Eloi
Famous People Named Eloi
- Eloi AmagatSpanish footballer
- Eloi BaribeauCanadian businessman and politician
- Éloi GuillemetteCanadian politician
- Éloi JohanneauFrench philologist
- Eloi MetullusHaitian Olympic sport shooter
- Éloi MeulenbergBelgian road bicycle racer
- Éloi PélissierFrench rugby league player
- Elói SchlederBrazilian long,distance runner
- Elói SilvaPortuguese footballer
- Eloi Tassinrench road bicycle racer
- Eloi Charlemagne TaupinFrench general in the Napoleonic Wars
Eloi in Pop Culture
- Eloifuturistic race in H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine"
- In Frenchthe name is usually written with an accent, "Éloi", and pronounced like "ay,lwa".