Edina Origin and Meaning
The name Edina is a girl's name of English, Hungarian origin meaning "wealthy".
Edina is an infectious-sounding Minnesota place-name, featured in the British cult hit TV show "Absolutely Fabulous." Edina is also a poetic name for Edinburgh and is a common name in contemporary Hungary. Though some sources list its origins as Hungarian, more peg it as a variation of Edwina, the feminine form of Edwin, an English name.
20 Names Similar to Edina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Edina.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Edina
Famous People Named Edina
- Edina Altara (18981983), Italian illustrator & fashion designer
- Edina BaloghHungarian actress, model & Beauty Queen
- Edina FustiHungarian race walker (2004 & 2008 Olympics)
- Edina GallovitsHall, Hungarian,Romanian tennis player
- Edina GanglHungarian water polo goalkeeper (2012 Olympics)
- Edina KnapekHungarian fencer (2000 & 2008 Olympics)
- Edina LekovicDirector at the Muslim Public Affairs Council
- Edina MullerGerman wheelchair basketball player ('08, 12 Olympics)
- Edina Popex,member of Dschinghis Khan, former German pop group
- Edina RonayAnglo,Hungarian fashion designer
Edina in Pop Culture
- EdinaLiberia, town settled in 1832
- EdinaMinnesota, suburb of Minneapolis (pop. 49, 000)
- EdinaMissouri, small town of 1, 100 people
- Edina Monsoon'Absolutely Fabulous' character