Boudicca Origin and Meaning
The name Boudicca is a girl's name of Celtic origin meaning "victory".
First century queen who led her Brittonic Iceni tribe in revolution against the Romans occupying England. Also found as Boudica, Boadicea (as in bodacious) and in Welsh as Buddug, the historic namesake was defeated and committed suicide, but is still celebrated in England as intelligent and brave. One ancient name that, while unheard these days, could be revived along with such choices as Atticus and Cassius.
20 Names Similar to Boudicca
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Boudicca.
Lists containing Boudicca
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Baby Names Sure to Shock Grandma
- Heroine Baby Names
- Steampunk Baby Names
- Names That Mean Victory
- Unique Names from History
Famous People Named Boudicca
- BoudiccaQueen of the Iceni tribe
- Buddug Verona JamesWelsh mezzo,soprano
Boudicca in Pop Culture
- Modern pronunciation: "BOOdi,ka" (similar to Jessica)
- (Original pronunciation may have been "BeauDEE,kay")
- Boadicea Geraldine "Gerry" Grangerfrom the Vicar of Dibley TV series