Boudicca Origin and Meaning
The name Boudicca is a girl's name of Celtic origin meaning "victory".
First century queen who led her Brittonic Iceni tribe in revolution against the Romans occupying England. Also found as Boudica, Boadicea (as in bodacious) and in Welsh as Buddug, the historic namesake was defeated and committed suicide, but is still celebrated in England as intelligent and brave. One ancient name that, while unheard these days, could be revived along with such choices as Atticus and Cassius.
20 Names Similar to Boudicca
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Boudicca.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Boudicca
Famous People Named Boudicca
- BoudiccaQueen of the Iceni tribe
- Buddug Verona JamesWelsh mezzo,soprano
Boudicca in Pop Culture
- Modern pronunciation: "BOOdi,ka" (similar to Jessica)
- (Original pronunciation may have been "BeauDEE,kay")
- Boadicea Geraldine "Gerry" Grangerfrom the Vicar of Dibley TV series