Nordic diminutive of Anne or African, Hausa"sweetness of face"
Anika Origin and Meaning
The name Anika is a girl's name of African, Nordic origin meaning "sweetness of face".
Anike is an attractive name with ties to several cultures, both African and Scandinavian. The African pronunciation emphasizes the second syllable while the Nordic one emphasizes the first. While there will be inevitable confusion over pronunciation, either form is "correct".
# 691 in the US
Anika Rank in US Top 2000
20 Names Similar to Anika
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anika.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Anika
Famous People Named Anika
- Anika Noni RoseAmerican singer and actress
- Anika LarsenAmerican actress and singer
- Anika ParisAmerican singer
- Anika Rose MoaNew Zealand singer
- Anika Kabir ShokhBangladeshi actress and dancer
- Anika (born Annika Henderson)British,German singer
- Anika Poitierdaughter of actors Sidney Poitier and Joanna Shimkus
- Anika Nováčekdaughter of tennis player Karel Nováček