Alexandrine Origin and Meaning
The name Alexandrine is a girl's name of German, French origin meaning "defending men".
Alexandra is a name with many international variations, elaborations and short forms, and Alexandrine is one of the more unusual. Another, Alexandrina, was the first name of Queen Victoria.
20 Names Similar to Alexandrine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexandrine.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Alexandrine
Famous People Named Alexandrine
- Alexandrine Auguste of MecklenburgSchwerin, Queen consort of Christian X of Denmark
- Alexandrine Luise Amalie Friederike Elisabeth SophiePrincess of Baden, Duchess of Saxe,Coburg and Gotha; sister,in,law of Britain's Prince Albert
- AlexandrineLouise Caroline,Mathilde Dagmar, Princess of Denmark, Countess Luitpold of Castell,Castell
- (Frederica Wilhelmina Louise Elisabeth) AlexandrinePrincess of Prussia, Duchess William of Mecklenburg,Schwerin
- (Friederike Wilhelmine) Alexandrine Marie HelenePrincess of Prussia,
- Grand Duchess of MecklenburgSchwerin
- Alexandrine Irene "Adini" Princess of Prussia, daughter of Crown Prince Wilhelm
- AlexandrineCaroline Branchu (born Thimoléone,Rose,Caroline Chevalier Lavit), Haitian,French operatic soprano
- Alexandrine LatendresseCanadian MP
- Alexandrine Petronella Francina TinneDutch explorer; first European woman to attempt to cross the Sahara