Welsh"of privileged birth"
Urien Origin and Meaning
The name Urien is boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "of privileged birth".
Too close to the name of a bodily fluid.
20 Names Similar to Urien
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Urien.
Famous People Named Urien
- Urien WiliamWelsh novelist and dramatist
Urien in Pop Culture
- Urienking of Gore and the husband of Morgan le Fay in Arthurian legend
- Uriencharacter in the Street Fighter video games
- Brother Uriencharacter in The Cadfael Chronicles by Edith Pargeter
- Brion Donal Cinhil Urien Haldanecharacter in the Deryni series by Katherine Kurtz
- Uriensurname derived from the Old Celtic personal name Orbogenos, probably literally 'of privileged birth' (from Celtic orbo = 'privileged' and gen = 'birth').
- Pronounced (Earee,un)
- From Brythonic "Urbigenos" meaning twinborn.