Sanjay Origin and Meaning
The name Sanjay is a boy's name of Sanskrit origin meaning "triumphant".
Historic and popular Indian name, borne by the son of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. On classic Hindu epics, it was the name of the charioteer of King Dhritarashtra; in the UK is was a character on the TV series Eastenders.
# 3150 on Nameberry
Sanjay Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Sanjay
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sanjay.
Famous People Named Sanjay
- Sanjay GuptaIndian,American neurosurgeon and CNN correspondent
- Sanjay DuttBollywood actor
- Sanjay Leela BhansaliIndian film director
- Sanjay GandhiIndian MP and son of Indira Gandhi
- Sanjay KapoorBollywood actor
- Sanjay KhanIndian actor and producer
Sanjay in Pop Culture
- Sanjay Patelcharacter on TV's "Sanjay and Craig"
- Sanjaycharacter on TV's "The Fairly OddParents"
- Sanjay Nahasapeemapetiloncharacter on TV's "The Simpsons"