Latin, Italian variation of Romulus, one of he founders of Rome"a Roman"
Romola Origin and Meaning
The name Romola is girl's name of Latin origin.
Romola is a literary name most notably used by George Eliot for her eponymous 1862 novel set in fifteenth-century Florence. It just may appeal to the parent looking for a name that embodies the ideal blend of the feminine, unusual, and strong. A current bearer is British actress Romola Garai.
20 Names Similar to Romola
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Romola.
Famous People Named Romola
- Romola Sadie GaraiEnglish actress
- Romola de PulszkyHungarian wife of ballet dancer Vaslav Nijinsky
- Romola RemusAmerican actress
- Romola Helen Louise CostantinoAustralian pianist
- Romola SinhaIndian feminist and activist
- Caterina Maria Romolabirth name of Catherine de' Medici, Queen consort of France
- A middle name given to all surviving daughters of Lorenzo (the magnificent) de Medici & Clarice Orsini: Lucrezia Maria RomolaMaria Maddalena Romola, Contessina Antonia Romola.
Romola in Pop Culture
- "Romola de' Bardi" novel by George Eliot and its main character
- Mrs. Romola Cheynecharacter in Vita Sackville,West's novel "The Edwardians"