Ramsay Origin and Meaning
The name Ramsay is boy's name of English origin meaning "low-lying land".
A surname occasionally used as a first, as in former attorney general Ramsey Clark. This spelling is now closely associated with the psychopathic Game of Thrones villain Ramsay Snow (later Ramsay Bolton), and so is probably best avoided as long as the show and books are popular.
20 Names Similar to Ramsay
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ramsay.
Famous People Named Ramsay
- Gordon RamsayBritish celebrity chef
- William RamsayScottish chemist and Nobel laureate
- Joshua Ramsaylead singer of Canadian punk/pop band Marianas Trench
Ramsay in Pop Culture
- The Ramsays in Virginia Woolf's "To the Lighthouse"
- Ramsay Boltona character in "A Song Of Ice And Fire" by George R. R. Martin
- Ramsay Fifein the Eugene O'Neill play Dynamo (1929)