Russian; Yiddish; Arabic"easygoing; rose; leader"
Raisa Origin and Meaning
The name Raisa is a girl's name of Russian origin meaning "easygoing; rose; leader".
Known in America via the wife of Soviet head Mikhail Gorbachev; a possibility for parents of Eastern-European descent wanting to move beyond Natasha and Nadia or for parents from the Middle East looking for a name that works in both cultures.
20 Names Similar to Raisa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Raisa.
Famous People Named Raisa
- Raisa Maximovna Gorbachevawife of Russian leader Mikhail Gorbachev
- Raisa AndrianaIndonesian singer
- Raisa Vasylivna Bogatyrovaformer Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine
- Raisa Petrovna SmetaninaRussian skier
- Raisa Yermolayevna AronovaRussian bomber pilot
- Raisa Davydovna OrlovaRussian writer
- Raisa O'Farrill BolanosCuban volleyball player
Raisa in Pop Culture
- Raisa ana'Mariannacharacter in "Seven Realms"
- Raisa the housekeeper at Queen Manor in Arrow.