Diminutive of Peter"rock"
Pete Origin and Meaning
The name Pete is boy's name meaning "rock".
Sixties-style short form that sounds cool again -- though the unscrupulous Pete on "Mad Men" is not a character to emulate.
20 Names Similar to Pete
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pete.
Famous People Named Pete
- Pete BurnsEnglish singer and songwriter, particularly known for being the frontman of the band "Dead or Alive"
- Peter Edward "Pete" RoseAmerican baseball player
- Randolph Peter "Pete" BestEnglish drummer for the Beatles replaced by Ringo
- Peter "Pete" O'HanlonIrish bassist of band The Strypes
- Peter Dennis Blandford "Pete" TownshendEnglish rock guitarist of The Who
- Peter "Pete" SeegerAmerican folk singer,songwriter
- Petros "Pete" SamprasAmerican tennis player
- Charles "Pete" Conrad Jr.American astronaut
- Peter Lewis Kingston "Pete" Wentz IIIbassist of American rock band Fall Out Boy
- Peter "Pete" DavidsonAmerican actor/comedian of "Saturday Night Live"
- Pete BucknallBritish singer & vlogger known as "petesjams" on YouTube
- Alexander Pete Schreiberson of actors Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber
- Pete HolmesAmerican comedian
Pete in Pop Culture
- Pete Beckercharacter on FRIENDS
- Pete Campbellcharacter in TV's "Mad Men"
- Petemain character in Disney's "Pete's Dragon"
- Petevillainous character in Disney cartoons
- Stinky Pete the Prospectorcharacter in "Toy Story 2"
- Pete Harpercharacter on TV's "Orange Is the New Black"
- Graffiti Petecharacter in musical "In The Heights"
- Pete Twistcharacter on Australian TV show "Round the Twist"
- Pete Martinsburgcharacter in "Generation Dead"
- Pete Dunvillecharacter on TV series "2 Guys, A Girl, & A Pizza Place"
- Pete Hornbergercharacter on TV series "30 Rock"
- Little Petecharacter in Michael Grant's "Gone" series
- Pete Rooneycharacter on TV's "Liv and Maddie"
- Pete Wrigleyname shared by two brothers on TV's "The Adventures of Pete & Pete"
- Pete Thelmancharacter in "South Park"
- Pete Melmancharacter in "South Park"
- Petecharacter in "South Park"
- Pete the Catbook series and its main character
- Pete the Pupdog in the Our Gang film series
- Petecharacter in the movie Shaun of the Dead
- Old Puffer Petecharacter on animated TV series Chuggington
- Pete Malloya main character on TV's "Adam,12"
- "Pete the Tramp" comic strip by Clarence Russell and its main character
- Pete Wisdomcharacter in Marvel Comics
- Cordwood Peteyounger brother of American folk legend Paul Bunyan
- Petecharacter in "Don't Look At It! Don't Touch It!" by Steve Patschke
- Petecharacter in the Animal Crossing video game series
- "Power Pete" video game and its main character
- Sneaky Petean Amazon Prime original crime/psychological/drama show
- "Cuban Pete"a song popularized by Desi Arnaz
- Also performed by Jim Carrey in the 1994 movie "The Mask"