Diminutive of Montgomery, Norman"man power"
Monte Origin and Meaning
The name Monte is a boy's name meaning "man power".
Monte, pronounced with two syllables as brother Monty, is an old-fashioned nickname-name that's reclaiming a certain amount of dash and charm. It was recently chosen by actor Guy Pearce--which may signal a comeback.
20 Names Similar to Monte
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Monte.
Lists containing Monte
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Powerful Boy Names
- Film Noir Baby Names
- Spanish Word Names
- Names That Mean Strong, Brave or Powerful
- European Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
Famous People Named Monte
- Monte SimmonsAmerican NFL football player
- Monte Halparinbirth name of Canadian TV host Monty Hall
- Monte AttellAmerican boxer
- Monford Merrill "Monte" IrvinAmerican baseball player
- Monte MelkonianArmenian military commander and national hero
- Monte ScheinblumAmerican golfer
- La Monte Thornton YoungAmerican minimalist composer and artist
- Monte Lee PittmanAmerican guitarist
- Monte Bryan Moneylead guitarist for American post,hardcore band Escape the Fate
- Monte Durhamfashion director on "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" and the creator of Monte by Monte Durham Hair Care
- Monte Morgansinger in Australian music duo "Client Liaison"
- Monte Pearce (b. 2016)son of actors Guy Pearce and Carice van Houten
Monte in Pop Culture
- Monte Brewstermain character in 1921 film version of "Brewster's Millions"
- Montefemale character on "The Fosters"
- Monte Cristofried ham and cheese sandwich, served with jam or preserves