Diminutive of Montgomery, Norman"man power"
Monte Origin and Meaning
The name Monte is a boy's name meaning "man power".
Monte, pronounced with two syllables as brother Monty, is an old-fashioned nickname-name that's reclaiming a certain amount of dash and charm. It was recently chosen by actor Guy Pearce--which may signal a comeback.
# in the US
Monte Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Monte
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Monte.
Famous People Named Monte
- Monte SimmonsAmerican NFL football player
- Monte Halparinbirth name of Canadian TV host Monty Hall
- Monte AttellAmerican boxer
- Monford Merrill "Monte" IrvinAmerican baseball player
- Monte MelkonianArmenian military commander and national hero
- Monte ScheinblumAmerican golfer
- La Monte Thornton YoungAmerican minimalist composer and artist
- Monte Lee PittmanAmerican guitarist
- Monte Bryan Moneylead guitarist for American post,hardcore band Escape the Fate
- Monte Durhamfashion director on "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" and the creator of Monte by Monte Durham Hair Care
- Monte Morgansinger in Australian music duo "Client Liaison"
- Monte Pearce (b. 2016)son of actors Guy Pearce and Carice van Houten
Monte in Pop Culture
- Monte Brewstermain character in 1921 film version of "Brewster's Millions"
- Montefemale character on "The Fosters"
- Monte Cristofried ham and cheese sandwich, served with jam or preserves