Irish"devotee of Maedoc"
Marmaduke Origin and Meaning
The name Marmaduke is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "devotee of Maedoc".
One of the ultimate teasable names, an Irish saint's name now associated with the oversized comic-strip dog. Scottish adventurer Bear (born Edward) Grylls took up the challenge when he used it for his son.
20 Names Similar to Marmaduke
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marmaduke.
Famous People Named Marmaduke
- Marmaduke William PickthallEnglish Islamic scholar and translator
- Marmaduke ConstableEnglish courtier and soldier
- Marmaduke ConstableEnglish soldier and MP; son of the above
- Marmaduke James HusseyBaron Hussey of North Bradley, former Chairman of the Board of Governors of the BBC
- Marmaduke GroveChilean soldier and politician
- Marmaduke Miller BartonEnglish pianist and composer
- Marmaduke WilliamsUS Congressman from North Carolina
- Marmaduke Alexander LawsonEnglish botanist
- Marmaduke Thomas St John "Pat" PattleSouth African,British WWII flying ace
- Marmaduke Langdale1st Baron Langdale of Holme, English soldier and high sheriff
- Marmaduke Wyvillseveral English baronets and MPs
- Marmaduke Mickey Percy Grylls (b. 2006)son of Bear Grylls
Marmaduke in Pop Culture
- Marmaduketitle Great Dane in comic strip and movie
- Marmaduke Brookercharacter from the TV series "Carpoolers"
- Marmaduke Templecharacter in The Leatherstocking Tales by James Fenimore Cooper
- Marmaduke "Chuffy" Chuffnell5th Baron Chuffnell, character in P. G. Wodehouse's Jeeves novels
- Marmadukecharacter in the Demon Princes series by Jack Vance
- Marmaduke "Duke" Rosenlyfull name of collie dog character in "The Space Gypsy Adventures"
- Marmaduke DukeScottish rock duo