French elaboration of Lynn or Welsh"idol"
Lynette Origin and Meaning
The name Lynette is a girl's name of French, Welsh origin meaning "idol".
Linda begat Lynn which gave way to Lynette, which peaked in the late 1960s. Lynette has been off the Top 1000 for a couple decades now, and the Lynn variations finding the most favor are those that put the "lyn" part at the end: Evelyn, Madelyn, Brooklyn.
# in the US
Lynette Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Lynette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lynette.
Famous People Named Lynette
- Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Frommeattempted assassin of U.S. President Gerald Ford
- Lynette WoodardAmerican pro basketball player
- Lynette CurranAustralian actress
- Lynette LongAmerican psychologist and author
- Lynette BoggsAmerican politician and Miss Oregon 1989
- Evelyn Beatrice "Lynette" RobertsArgentine,British poet
- Lynette Yiadom BoakyeGhanaian,British painter
- Lynette MetteyAmerican actress
- Lynette LithgowTrinidadian,British TV journalist
Lynette in Pop Culture
- Lynette Scavoa main character on TV's "Desperate Housewives"
- Lynette Montgomerycharacter in Lifetime's "The Client List"
- Lynettenoblewoman in Arthurian legend who seeks help for her sister Lyonesse
- Lynetteshop girl in video game "Soul Calibur III"
- Lynettea character in the novel 'Redeemed' in the House Of Night' series (PC Cast)
- Lynette Duncancharacter from Call the Midwife
- LynetteThe Fresh Dolls character