Italian form of Laelia, meaning unknown"night"
Lelia Origin and Meaning
The name Lelia is girl's name of Italian, Latin origin.
A rare and delicate choice, Lelia is a modern variation of an ancient Roman family name. It came to Britain in the mid-nineteenth century, following the publication of George Sand's popular romantic novel titled Lelia in 1833.
20 Names Similar to Lelia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lelia.
Lists containing Lelia
- Unique Italian Baby Names for Girls
- Alternatives to Lily
- Best Italian Baby Names
- Unique Girl Names: Unusual Names for Your Baby Woman
- Cool Saint Names for Babies
- Saint Names
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Confirmation Names for Girls
Famous People Named Lelia
- Lelia GoldoniAmerican actress
- Lelia DoolanIrish theater producer
- Lelia Kasenia Foleyfirst black woman mayor in the U.S. (Taft, Oklahoma)
- Lélia AbramoItalian,Brazilian actress
- Lelia HallerAmerican ballerina
Lelia in Pop Culture
- Latinfrom the Roman family name Laelius
- 'Lélia" 1833 novel by George Sand