English variation of Lee"pasture, meadow"
Leigh Origin and Meaning
The name Leigh is both a boy's name and a girl's name of English origin meaning "pasture, meadow".
This spelling adds a little more femininity to the neutral Lee. Leigh and sister Lee were quite popular in the 1960s and 1970s among the first cool wave of unisex names for girls, but now have vanished from the Top 1000. The Biblical Leah is preferred.
# in the US
Leigh Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Leigh
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leigh.
Famous People Named Leigh
- Leigh Brackettauthor and screenwriter most famous for The Empire Strikes Back.
- Leigh Bingham Nashlead singer of American band Sixpence None the Richer
- Leigh TaylorYoung, American actress
- Leigh Anne Tuohy; American interior designer; subject of book/film "The Blind Side"
- LeighAllyn Baker, American actress
- Leigh BardugoAmerican novelist
- LeighAnne Pinnock, singer of British girl group Little Mix
- Leigh LezarkAmerican DJ of group The Misshapes
- Leigh Ann BrownAmerican soccer player
- Leigh Ann LarkinAmerican actress and singer
- Leigh Ann OrsiAmerican dancer and actress
- LeighAnne Thompson, American tennis player
- LeighAnn Naidoo, South African beach volleyball player
- Leigh Ann FetterAmerican swimmer
- LeighAnne Csuhany, second wife of actor Kelsey Grammer
- Leighann LordAmerican comedienne and podcaster
- Rachael Leigh CookAmerican actress
- Dorothy Leigh SayersBritish novelist and theologian
- Janet LeighAmerican actress
- Vivien LeighBritish actress
Leigh in Pop Culture
- Brenda Leigh Johnsoncharacter on TV's "The Closer"
- Leigh Petersoncharacter in 2009 movie "Mississippi Damned"
- Lorelai Leigh "Rory" Gilmorecharacter in the TV series "Gilmore Girls"
- Leigh Timberline from the book series "Red Rock Mysteries" by Jerry B. Jenkins