Leda Origin and Meaning
The name Leda is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "happy".
In classical Greek myth, Leda was a great beauty who mothered another great beauty, Helen of Troy. Leda is that rare name that is at once simple, deeply-rooted, and unique: Only 18 baby girls were named Leda in the US last year. A name used in several European countries, pronunciation is usually the straightforward lee-dah but the Italians say lay-dah.
# in the US
Leda Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Leda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leda.
Famous People Named Leda
- Leda GloriaItalian actress
- Leda CosmidesAmerican psychologist
- Leda Luss LuykenGreek conceptual artist
- Leda MilevaBulgarian children's author and translator
Leda in Pop Culture
- LedaSpartan queen in Greek mythology who gave birth to Helen after being visited by Zeus in the form of a swan
- Ledacharacter in Jodi Picoult's "Plain Truth"
- Ledacharacter on TV's "Queer as Folk"
- Ledacode name for the female clones on TV's 'Orphan Black'
- Leda Colecharacter in the novel "The Thousandth Floor"