Leda Origin and Meaning
The name Leda is girl's name of Greek origin meaning "happy".
In classical Greek myth, Leda was a great beauty who mothered another great beauty, Helen of Troy. Leda is that rare name that is at once simple, deeply-rooted, and unique: Only 18 baby girls were named Leda in the US last year. A name used in several European countries, pronunciation is usually the straightforward lee-dah but the Italians say lay-dah.
20 Names Similar to Leda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Leda.
Famous People Named Leda
- Leda GloriaItalian actress
- Leda CosmidesAmerican psychologist
- Leda Luss LuykenGreek conceptual artist
- Leda MilevaBulgarian children's author and translator
Leda in Pop Culture
- LedaSpartan queen in Greek mythology who gave birth to Helen after being visited by Zeus in the form of a swan
- Ledacharacter in Jodi Picoult's "Plain Truth"
- Ledacharacter on TV's "Queer as Folk"
- Ledacode name for the female clones on TV's 'Orphan Black'
- Leda Colecharacter in the novel "The Thousandth Floor"